Tuesday, June 10, 2008

6 Month Check-Up

Lucy had her six month check up today- only 3 shots this time! After a very complete examination the Doctor determined (to the contrary of recent posts to this blog) that there is not even a hint of evil in Lucy and she is perfect in every way. I already knew this, but it's good to hear it from a professional. Lucy now weighs 14lbs 1oz and has upgraded to Carter's 6 month size clothes. Last week we started introducing solid foods. She is not crazy about rice cereal, but seems to do o.k. with bananas mixed in. She made the funniest faces when we first gave her bananas- don't worry I have video! Tonight we are going to try sweet potato. I have become one of those moms- you know the ones who make their own baby food. I was reading about it and it seemed easy and it is very cheap so I thought I'd give it a try. I have about a months worth of sweet potatoes and bananas pureed in my freezer now. I think peas may be harder to do... Anyway, people have been asking recently if Lucy can sit up so I decided to plop her down in the sitting position today and see what happened. She Sat! For about a minute then fell over- guess it's a start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucy is most definitely Evil. The fact that her own mother can't sense it only makes her that more impressive.

Maybe one of her weaknesses is rice cereal.

She's totally a foodie in the making.