Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Then and Now

This Thanksgiving is our first with Lucy on the outside of my belly! Last year Thanksgiving day was the second of 2 due dates I had been given. Instead of watching the turkey bake everyone sat around watching my belly hoping I'd go into labor. Alas, Lucy wanted to be a December baby. I am so Thankful this year that she is here. Last year at this time I had no idea if the baby inside me was a boy or a girl let alone what a neat and interesting person she would turn out to be. I was worried about finding daycare for this unknown child and scared that I wouldn't be up to the task of being a Mommy. Little did I know that she would be an amazing Lucy- filling my life with joy I had never known before. Thank you God for the opportunity to be this baby's Mommy, thank you for every precious day we have together. Thank you for my beautiful family. This blog isn't big enough to hold my thanks. The blessings have been enumerable- what a difference a year makes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you all had a great holiday. I can't believe she's almost a year old! we got the card, love it and have some ideas for birthday gifts!

Anonymous said...

hey guys! be on the look out for a gift for Lucy from us. Not sure if it will identify us as the sender.