Monday, May 11, 2009

I OUTSIDE!

" I OUTSIDE!" Is what Lucy exclaimed when we took her out to see the new backyard Mimsy fixed for her while I was at work this weekend.  Grand Dad babysat while Mimsy dug and planted and watered and these are the results!  Up until now our backyard had been off limits to Lucy because it was a mud pit.  We have a drainage issue that caused water to pool so Mimsy regraded the yard.  We are so thrilled with the results. It rained this morning and the water did not make a muddy mess- woo hoo!
Do you hear that?  It's me and Lucy cheering for our awesome outdoor space!  And thank you Grand Dad for baby-wrangling while Mimsy landscaped.  I know how exhausting baby wrangling can be!
Lucy absolutely adores her sand and water table.  She played with it intently for half an hour and I didn't have to do anything.  There's a chance I might be able to read an entire Newsweek article while she plays with her table.  Now all I need is an outdoor chair.
The reward for hard work- getting to play with a happy baby!

5 comments:

OlDad said...

I'd love to hear what Lucy thinks about Grandad wrangling!

allison said...

She says it's exhausting!

aunt emily said...

Now I know where Jason got his landscape architecture genes...nice job, Mimsy!

It does look like Lucy is having a good play time. Does Lucy get to help water the plants?

Have fun!

uncle Lanko said...

that sand/water box looks AWESOME!! I'd like to come over and play some time. The back yard looks great! Excellent job, Mimsy.

allison said...

Come on over! We'd love to have you Uncle Lanko!

Aunt Emily- Lucy does help water the plants. I drain water from the table into a bowl and she uses the bowl to water the "fwow was" It's so sweet!