Monday, September 21, 2009

Catch a lizard

One of la Luz's favorite parts of the trip was catching lizards outside the Kaaawa beach house. Lucy has a verbal tick that I don't think we've talked about here before. If she just bumped her head on something she will say "bump a head" or if she is worried about pinching her leg in a chair she says "pinch a leg". Similarly she wandered around the lanai and yard imploring "catch a lizard". The yard was full of lizards. I caught her several and she found them hilarious. She sometimes wanted to hold them, sometimes not. I did accidentally break the tail off one and it wiggled around the deck thoroughly freaking out Allison. I don't know if Allison ever successfully caught one. One morning I caught her a large lizard and after laughing at it she said "catch a baby one". Which I then did (catching lizards is not that easy people). She was thrilled with the tiny lizard for about 30 seconds then she said "catch a big one".

1 comment:

Uncle Lanko said...

Lucy Little likes little lizards.