Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Scones and a spare

Lucy and I really enjoy scones. I got tired of buying them all the time and decided it was high time I learned how to make them myself. I found a recipe online allrecipes.com and got to work. These are pics from our second batch of scones. These scones were blueberry-lemon. Our first batch were cranberry-orange and also quite good. Step 1: mix all your dry ingredients. Then grate in a cold stick of butter. Mush everything together till it looks like fine meal.
Step 2: Add the wet ingredients. Again, using your hands mush everything together.
Step 3: Pat into a 1/2 inch circle and cut into eight pieces. Place on some waxed paper on a cookie sheet and sprinkle generously with sugar. This is Lucy patiently waiting for me to put her sprinkling sugar in this bowl. What is up with my face? I don't remember being disgusted by the sugar.
Here's sweet baby girl in a cute dress discovering that the AC vent at church will puff her skirt up. She was very amused.

No comments: