Thursday, December 2, 2010

Enhanced Interrogation Techniques

Luz and I had a couple fights over cupcakes today. First she wanted one at breakfast but I wouldn't give her one and she walked over to a drawer and pull out a weapon and came to hit me with it. She happened to grab a wisk but still.
The reason I wouldn't give her one is that I was taking her to daycare with a set of cupcakes for everybody - so she would have one an hour later.
Later in the day we came home (after she had had a cupcake at daycare) and she asked me for a cupcake again.
I said "You just had one at daycare"
She said "Umm, no I didn't."
"Yes you did, you just had one."
"No, I really didn't"
"So you mean that when you took all those cupcakes over there and all the other kids had one, you didn't?"
"Right. I didn't have one."
"You're lying, I know you had one"
"No I DIDN'T. I'm not LYING"
Then I said "Ok, you can have a cupcake if you say you didn't have one. But I'm also going to call Mrs. Bobbie and if she says you had one there, you can never have a pillow pet*, ever."
She thought about it and said "Ok. The truth is I had one at Mrs. Bobbies. I'm being honest."
* Pillow pets are a rather corny toy. The apparently run a lot of commercials. Luz wants one really really badly and talks about them to her mom a lot.

6 comments:

GrannyL said...

You broke her down. I always said you would make a good lawyer.(Women's work, right?)

lindsey & lewis said...

Girl shows some persistence with her little white lie!! Lucy, no one would believe me either if I said I passed up a cupcake opportunity:)

Uncle Lanko said...

it's not a lie if you BELIEVE it to be true. Good job, WL!

p.s. the word verification code is "turduckl". Little late, dontcha think?

Krs10 said...

That little cutie is serious about her cupcakes.

Bridget said...

awwwwww! I would have baked her some cupcakes

The life of MMR said...

Its a pillow its a pet... its a pillow pet!