Saturday, October 22, 2011

The State of Children's Clothing

**Warning: Mommy rant**

This morning I put a pair of pants on Lucy (in all fairness she put them on herself, but I laid them out) and noticed right away that they were too short.  Never mind that I just bought these pants three weeks ago- it's not her fault that she's growing I guess.  What bothers me is that now that she's grown out of these pants she is firmly in the next section of the store.  We are no longer shopping in the baby/toddler section.  

I have been thrust (against my will) into the little girls' section.  There will be no more clothing sized by month or with a T after the number.  No more guidelines on the tags about what height and weight the size will fit. This alone is enough to cause the gnashing of teeth, but just to rub salt in the wound- all the clothes in the new section are apparently designed by Miley Cyrus or those of her ilk.  This Mommy is not ready for her baby's bottom to be bedazzled.  Nor am I ready to be the crotchety old lady in the little girls' section of the store muttering about the state children's clothing.  

Target and Old Navy- I'm looking at you.  

3 comments:

GrannyL said...

I so agree---

lindsey & lewis said...

Try the gap, they run lots of sales and have less tween-y stuff going on than others....

Uncle Lanko said...

i think the only solution is to hire a designer to make her clothes. That way they fit, original and to your (and Lucy's) liking. If you really love Lucy, you'll do this.