Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Conversation

On the way to school/work-
Lucy: Mommy, why can only boys be army people?
Me: Girls can be in the army.  There are lots of women serving in the army.
Lucy: Oh good- when I grow up I want to be a Mommy, a teacher, a lifeguard AND an army person.  I want to go to Afghanistan.
Me: It would make Mommy very nervous if you went to Afghanistan.
Lucy: Why?
Me: Because it's sort of a dangerous place.
Lucy: Don't worry, you can come too.  You can be my coach.
Me: Why do you want to go to Afghanistan.
Lucy: Because I love our country and I want to protect it.

3 comments:

lindsey & lewis said...

awesome--but dont let her go to afghanistan! and really i am sad now that the pyramids are off limits for the time being too...people need to get it together!!

GrannyL said...

I love it--

Uncle Lanko said...

Lucy is so brave!