Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Pre-k Grad enjoys froyo


We went out for pizza and froyo to celebrate Lucy's pre-k graduation today.  It was an emotional day for me. Lucy was just excited about pizza and froyo. They had a picnic at her school and as I watched her run and play with her friends I was thinking about how it was probably the last time she'd see them.  They will go to school at elementary schools in Tucker, but Lucy will go to school in Decatur. I will have to arrange play dates, and let's face it- once she starts school chances are not good that I'll have my act together enough for play date arranging.

This is the end of a mini- era and it got here disturbingly quickly. I'm sad and a little anxious about the rapid changes, but Lucy will be fine. She is growing up into this amazing little person. So kind and sensitive but remarkably self assured.  Her teacher wrote her a little note that said "keep being a friend to all."  That made me such a proud Mommy. I'm happy that she has the vocabulary of an 8th grader but her sweet spirit makes me nearly burst with pride. It is going to be so fun watching her become a kindergartener. 

1 comment:

Uncle Lanko said...

my favorite post-pre-k'er out there.