Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snow!


Lucy is thrilled with the snow here in Atlanta.  I am thrilled that I panicked at the first sign of the stuff and left work a full hour before the company closed the office.  Apparently, this rash move saved me 5+ hours in my car as some of my colleagues got to experience.  Also, Lucy's school closed early at 1:30p so we've been hanging out since.  We did get out to tolerate enjoy the snow.  I'm sorry, one inch of snow that is non-ski-able and not sticky enough to make a proper snowman just doesn't get my pulse racing.  Lucy quickly informed me that she was looking forward to Wes coming home tomorrow because I was no fun.  

It has finally happened as I knew it would- Wes is officially the fun parent.  I have mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, if it gets me out of the snow- ok, but I can be counted on to be fun sometimes.  Hopefully, this label is temporary.  I did let her use the good olives for her snowman-lump's eyes and mouth.  That's fun.

No comments: