Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Funny Things She Says

Lucy says a hundred funny things everyday and I always tell myself I'll remember them and then by the end of the day they've faded away. I am going to try to remember and share a few of my favorites from the recent past in this post. If you've heard them before, I apologize, but everyone who knows me knows I'm notorious for telling the same stories over and over.

I told her she was smart and she replied: Yes, I am. Obama is president. (Wes has been quizing Lucy on politics recently)

Pointing at the Christmas tree: Look what I made!

In the Target parking lot: There's an owl in my nose.

After I told her we were going to meet our friend Cricket for dinner: We having dinner with grasshopper?

When Ella is acting nutty: Ah-la's freaking out (actually something Wes and I say all the time, but hearing your two year old say it is funny especially because she says Ah La instead of Ella)

To Wes in the car: Where we goin' next? To Leapin Lizards? To the zoo? To Ms. Bobbie's house? To farmer's market? To get some gas? To get a chicken nugget? To get some french fries? (Apparently, these are the places we take her most often?)

To Bobbie when she asked what she did this weekend: I put Dora in a box. (We undecorated the Christmas tree and she took the Dora ornament off and put it in the box)

When I put a headband on her for the first time: I'm a girl now!

When driving through West Point on the way home from Fantasy in Lights we pointed out we were in West Point.

She replied: No! It's MY point!

Wes said: No it's the name of the place. WesT point with a "T".

Lucy: It's MY point.

Wes: No I don't own it, not Wes's point, West Point.

Lucy: MYYYY point.

Wes: You are being irrational, I don't think you would even want West point if you knew what it was.

Lucy: It's MYYYY point.

(she apparently thought we said Wes's point)

3 comments:

allison said...

Another good one from tonight. She was upset with me about something then she said handing me the maracas she got for christmas: Can you make me happy again with the Muacawas (maracas)?

Uncle Lanko said...

the west point dialogue is a riot! this girl is full of hilarity and we love her for it!

allison said...

Here's another one:
Tonight Wes had some flatulence. Lucy burst out laughing and Wes asked "what's so funny?" Lucy replied "Papa makes good noises!"