Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Remember

Some people say they can't remember what it was like not to have children. I remember. I remember pedicures (see above for photographic evidence of first pedi in almost 2yrs) and manicures. I remember sleeping until 11a on a Saturday then rolling out of bed to go to a brunch that was un-rushed and quiet. I remember long solitary baths. I remember not depending on caffeine for my very survival. I remember peeing by myself. I remember perky boobs and a flat tummy. I remember watching TV in the middle of the day that was not animated. I remember all of these things really really well. Some days I miss these things more than others. I miss the leisure that I didn't realize I had. I miss the freedom. BUT (and you knew this part was coming) I wouldn't trade it for anything. I wouldn't give back a second with my bathroom invading, time sucking, attention hogging, early morning waking, perfect gift from God. I wouldn't trade a single memory of a sleepless night or disastrous dinner outing. I wouldn't give any of it back and I think that is a measure of just how much I love Lucy, because y'all know how much I love to sleep.

3 comments:

lindsey & lewis said...

You speak of that 1% that you will see again...in 16ish years...if Lucy is an only child:) The other 99% of life that is better is worth it! (most of the time of course:)

lindsey & lewis said...

Oh, and I painted my OWN toenails just today...a professional has not seen my feet in at least 6 months...and they are NOT better for it.

Catie said...

well said!