Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Genetics

I've been contemplating genetics a fair amount in the past couple of days.  Why? You ask. I have a daughter who looks a lot like me, but acts a lot like her father.  Wes and I are great together because we are very different.  Our personalities compliment they do NOT match. So seeing Lucy looking like me and acting like Wes is a little disconcerting.  You can see the pictures above to verify the lookin like me part and I'll detail for you now the ways Lucy is like Wes.
1.  Sleep- I'm a sleep lover.  Both Wes and Lucy could take it or leave it
2a.  Fearlessness- I am full o' the fear.  Not so much with my two dare devils
2b.  Heights- I'm scared of tall flights of stairs Wes wants to base jump.  Lucy was recently found swinging from the kitchen chandelier (I kid you not).
3.  Overall good nature- I am sarcastic and love a good whine.  My husband and daughter are both easy going and good natured.
4.  Enjoyment of change and new surroundings- Lucy and Wes are both go go go.  I'm take a long bath and hang out at my own house in my pjs kinda girl
All that said Lucy is the boss.  She gets this from me.

5 comments:

Uncle Lanko said...

Did Lucy get the honeymoon suite? Penthouse? What hotel are you in? I love the hair. it's awesome.

allison said...

That was the hotel we stayed in while we were in LA I think (Wes will correct me if I'm wrong)

Wes said...

It's a marriott fairfield in Hinesville GA, not LA.

Also while im not big on fear, I dont consider myself a "daredevil". And im certainly as asarcastic as Allison.

lindsey & lewis said...

Chandelier jumping is definitely the baby equivalent of base jumping!

aunt emily said...

Hummm. Hanging out in your own house in your pj's. I'm pretty sure that's a Torrance trait. There are other Torrance traits that aren't so pretty, so its good Lucy is following Wes' personality!