Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I love you Brussels sprouts

I got one of those intact stalks of brussels sprouts* the other day, and Lucy commandeered it as a pet. I had to just let her keep it for a while. I popped the sprouts off overnight and she seemed not to remember her friend. * I'm coo coo for the brux sprouts now days. I think it's just a good way to eat a lot of salt and pepper and red pepper. Anyway roast them or grill them till brown and crispy, beautiful. Not yr moms mooshy old boiled gross brux sprouts.

3 comments:

GrannyL said...

I understand, Lucy. I found the stalks pretty fascinating ,too. I never knew they grew that way until London at Burroughs Market on the Cousin's trip.

Uncle Lanko said...

i hear when cooked properly, they're delicious. they must be the one thing my parents suck at preparing, because i find them totally gross.

allison said...

I also find them totally gross. I can't even stand the smell of them.