Thursday, August 6, 2009

Miss Independent

I never gave a 18 month doctor appointment update so I will do so now that she is 20 months old. She was 24lbs and 31inches tall. The doctor wanted to know how many words she could say and I told her fifty, but I think that was an underestimation. Some of her current favorite phrases include:
Go Away (translation- I need some alone time)
Lucy do it (translation- Please allow me to do this myself)
Buckle self (translation- I would like to buckle myself into my high chair please)
Pinch leg (translation- Once while buckling myself into my high chair I accidentally pinched my leg. I sure hope that doesn't happen again)
Too tight (translation- my car seat straps are too tight dearest mother)
Go Home (translation- I am tired and would like to go home now please)
Mommy do it (translation- I have tried my best but cannot seem to get this to work. Mother will you please assist me?)
She also tells her Papa that he needs to shower and that his clothes are stinky on occasion
She is extremely independent and wants to do everything herself. She gets mad if you try to help. She is surprisingly capable at doing many many things by herself and once she gets really frustrated she will eventually ask for help (or order you to do so). She loves to make people smile and is a total clown and show off. Quite frankly I'm beginning to think they switched babies on us in the nursery at the hospital. I mean Wes and I are both so mild mannered and complacent I just do not know where all this behavior comes from.
I also have a theory that when you are 18 months you already have all the personality that you will have when you are an adult- it's just distilled and concentrated so that it will fit into a very tiny package.

1 comment:

GrannyL said...

She is trying to grow up way too fast for me--but maybe when you have a world to dominate you have to get started.