Friday, July 2, 2010

Girl Toes

I was telling a co-worker earlier this week that I couldn't wait until Lucy was big enough to get pedicures with me. My co-worker looked at me as though I had grown a third eyeball and said "you haven't taken her to get her toes painted yet?" No, I haven't. I haven't even painted them myself at home. LIGHTBULB! After bath time that night I asked her if she'd like me to polish her toes. After checking and double checking that the process would not hurt, she agreed. She held pretty still and she was thrilled with the finished product. She made me put her on the counter so she could see her toes. She kept bending over and pointing to them saying "they are so cute!" Then she noticed that I did not have polish on my toes. "Mommy polish your toes so we match! Paint your toes so we can match them."
Bedtime was delayed by a good thirty minutes thanks to the excitement that ensued. Even once I got her into bed if I pulled the cover up she would protest "but I can't see my toes!"
Wes, is not as thrilled. He thinks she's too little to have painted toes. I think those itty bitty pink toenails are just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

1 comment:

Uncle Lanko said...

PinkleToez!