Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sick and Tired

Lucy had her first really bad cold this week.  Sunday night was her worst night.  She was sick and I ended up tired.  She woke me up every 1.5 hours.  I ended up sleeping sitting up so I could hold her in an upright position so she could breath well enough to sleep.  We used lots and lots of saline nasal spray and the nasal aspirator (or booger sucker as we call it) and the cool mist humidifier (if you don't have one you should totally get one because they are amazing) and some tylenol when the going got really tough.  We seem to be coming out the other side of it now and I managed to successfully keep myself from giving her an antihistamine (which current medical recommendations say wouldn't have really helped anyway).  She is still a little oozy, but not nearly as bad as it was.  You can see from the pictures how truly pathetic she was.  The lesson I took away from this ordeal was this:  You can't pick your child, but you can pick your child's nose.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so miserable that it makes me want to cry!

Get well very soon, Lucy!

Anonymous said...

Sending you many belated bless yous, Lucy. Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Poor little Plumpy! She does look awful gooey in those pics. Will pray for continued recovery.

OlDad said...

She's as cute as they get. . .even when she feels bad. . .

mimsy said...

I think she's leaking sugar.