Saturday, February 16, 2008

First Date

A couple of weeks ago I drove Lucy up to Athens so she could meet her boyfriend Haden.  He is a younger man (by 2 weeks), but they are the cutest couple.  She's girly and petite and he is manly and macho.  He also happens to be a snuggle bug!  They rode around Athens together in carseats side by side then they stopped at Starbucks to share an over priced iced coffee drink.  
You may be concerned that they are both too young to date, but since both of their mommies went with them on their date- there is nothing to worry about.  I just hope Lucy is as happy to have me along when she is 19!  What actually concerns me most is that they are way to young to be drinking caffeinated beverages!  I had to explain to Lucy that caffeine can stunt your growth and with her parents she just shouldn't risk any more stunting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This could be problematic for me in couple of decades...whose side of the church will I sit on?...bride's or groom's?! For their next date, you should definitely go more indie to keep Papa happy. Maybe the Grit or Jittery Joe's for a more townie vibe.