Monday, February 11, 2008

Transitional Hair

As you can see in this picture Lucy was born with a phenomenal natural mohawk.  No action was necessary to make it stand up in a perfect ridge.  It was totally wash and wear.  But as you know pride goeth before a fall.  In this case the fall is the laying down of the mohawk.  I noticed several days ago that the hawk did not have its usual pep.  The front pieces have gotten long enough that they lay down now.  This would be ok except that the pieces in the back and on the sides aren't quite there yet so they still stand resulting in what can only be termed "transitional" hair.  Yesterday after her bath- with vigorous combing- I was able to force the hawk, but I think we should all prepare ourselves for the day when the hawk will be no more because I believe it is coming soon. In the meantime I'm clipping bows in the hawk remains and pretending like I don't notice that anything is different. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucy should consider herself lucky that her hair will eventually grow long enough so the weight of the hair will keep it down. Poor baby Lapari. They don't know what they're in for.

Mohawks rule.