Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm Going to Rule the World (Me and My Mullet)

From the day Lucy was born she's been looking deep into people's eyes and telepathically saying to them "I'm going to rule the world and you're going to help me."  In general, people seem to be fairly compliant with her demands.  I do think she'll be a benevolent leader.  Anyway, I'm posting two pictures with this blog.  One to display Lucy's official "Lucy Power" wave.  She has taken to holding up one fist pretty much 90% of her awake time these days.  We think it's a sign of solidarity and so we throw our fists in the air as well and shout "Lucy Power!" or "Plumpy Power!"  Or it could just be that she wants daps.  If that's the case then we've seriously had a breakdown in communication.  Come to think of it- maybe she's just been holding that fist up there until somebody gives her daps...
The other picture is of the mullet belonging to our future world leader.  The last post was primarily about the top and front of her head so I thought I'd spend a little time on the back this post.  She was born with the mullet.  The hair grows down past her collar, and covers up a strawberry birthmark at the base of her neck.  Her Papa has a similar birthmark on his neck.  I have also discovered that beneath the mullet, on the back of her neck, she keeps her sugar.  I guess when you're that sweet and have such a rich store of sugar you have to grow a mullet to protect it from poachers.  Alas, I have discovered it and poach quite frequently.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Lucy IS a punk-rocker! She might be cultivating that little white-blonde patch so that it will take punky color products that much better. Later in life, when she's a toddler, she will probably want some pink punk color applied to her patch. That would be rockin', dude.

Anonymous said...

I don't think her fist has anything to do with solidarity, though I could be wrong. I am fairly convinced that it's the inherited trait of predictability which she received from her father. She always leads with rock no matter what the situation.

"Your wit is sharp, your words are strong and you're unequaled at wrapping."

Catie said...

I am cracking up reading these posts! I love it. Someday I hope I can be as good of a blogger as you!